how a2 milk produced

Find out about A2 cows and the process that ensures your growing-up milk formula contains A2 protein only from A2 cows.

A2 cow is a type of cows produce milk only contains A2 protein. You might be wondering what an A2 cow is and how they may differ from regular cows, so read on to find out.

A2 cows—The Original Form of Cows

Over 5000 years ago, authentic cow breeds originally produced A2 beta-casein protein only. Due to farming practices and natural genetic mutation, cows started to produce a combination of A1 beta-casein protein and A2 beta-casein protein. Emerging evidence shows that A1 beta-casein protein may generate bioactive peptide during digestion that can lead to stomach discomfort in certain individuals.[1]

kid drinking milk

On the other hand, A2 cows produce A2 milk that only contains the naturally easy-to-digest A2 beta-casein protein. Currently, only 30% of cows in the world can produce pure A2 beta-casein protein while the other 70% produce A1/A1+A2 protein.

A2 milk may help with those who may be sensitive to regular milk . Drinking milk with only A2 beta-casein protein may help with the digestion of milk and any associated digestive discomfort.[2-4]

How Is A2 Milk Produced?

All A2 cows are DNA-tested to ensure that they only produce milk with A2 protein. A2 milk is collected, tested, and then processed in a separated milk channel.

Where Does Enfagrow AII MindPro Milk Come From?

Enfagrow A2 MindPro

Enfagrow AII MindPro uses A2 skimmed milk sourced from healthy, free-range cows that graze on lush pastures with fresh air beneath the Southern Alps of New Zealand^. This combined with the beautiful West Coast landscape, where fertile soils and high levels of rainfall and sunshine are abundant, make for one of the best dairy farming environments to raise cows in the world.

Try Enfagrow AII MindPro, the 1st and only children nutrition formula in Malaysia made with naturally easy-to-digest A2 milk protein from A2 cows.* Naturally Pure Protein, for tiny tummies. For a limited time only, every purchase of Enfagrow AII MindPro comes with a 14-day money back guarantee.

banner review


  1. Brooke-Taylor et al. 2017. Systematic Review of the Gastrointestinal Effects of A1 Compared with A2 β-Casein. Systematic Review of the Gastrointestinal Effects of A1 Compared with A2 β-Casein. Advances in Nutrition 8(5):739-748 DOI: 10.3945/an.116.013953
  2. Jianqin S et al., Effects of milk containing only A2 beta casein versus milk containing both A1 and A2 beta casein proteins on gastrointestinal physiology, symptoms of discomfort, and cognitive behavior of people with self-reported intolerance to traditional cows' milk. Nutr J. 2016 Apr 2;15:35.
  3. He M et al., Effects of cow's milk beta-casein variants on symptoms of milk intolerance in Chinese adults: a multicentre, randomised controlled study. Nutr J. 2017 Oct 25;16(1):72.
  4. Sheng X et al., Effects of Conventional Milk Versus Milk Containing Only A2 β-Casein on Digestion in Chinese Children: A Randomized Study. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2019 Sep;69(3):375-382.
* Compared to all key growing up milk brands in Malaysia as of Mar’2021
^ More than 90% of A2 milk sourced from New Zealand