What’s normal morning sickness and what’s not?
Why do you have morning sickness?
How can you manage morning sickness?
- Citrus fruits, like lemons and oranges
- Bland foods are easier to keep down. Cold foods are also better as hot foods have a stronger aroma5, which can trigger nausea
- Food that is high in vitamin B6 may ease nausea6, such as lentils, bananas, tuna and chickpeas7
- Get enough rest as fatigue can trigger morning sickness symptoms8
- If you’re taking a prenatal supplement upon the advice of your doctor, take it with a meal instead of on an empty stomach. But do check with your doctor first on the best timing to take your prenatal supplement
1Morning sickness. - Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/morning-sickness/basics/de....
2Hyperemesis Gravidarum. - National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD). http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/hyperemesis-gravidarum/.
3Hyperemesis Gravidarum (Severe Nausea&Vomiting During Pregnancy). – Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases_conditions/hic_Am_I_Pregn....
4Morning sickness. – March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/morning-sickness.aspx.
5Nausea and morning sickness. - NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/morning-sickness-n....
6Morning Sickness Relief: Treatment & Supplements. - American Pregnancy Association. http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/morning-sickness-relief/.
7Food sources of Vitamin B6. - Dietitians of Canada. http://www.dietitians.ca/getattachment/ea1272c8-602f-4586-8ffb-d7b4a2535....
8Nausea During Pregnancy. - American Pregnancy Association. http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/nausea-during-pregnancy/.