What Is Hydrolyzed Protein?
Before we get digesting hydrolyzed protein, you’ll need to know what it is. Hydrolyzed protein is a type of protein that’s hydrolyzed into amino acids and peptides. These are important for growing up children.
Why Protein Is Important for Growing Kids1,2
There’s no doubt children need protein for optimal growth and development. After all, it is a key nutrient for building and maintaining the human body.
Benefits of the Hydrolyzed Protein
It’s important for all people to get hydrolyzed protein in their diet, but especially children. There are so many important benefits that you don’t want them to miss out on. Below is a list of Hydrolyzed protein benefits:
- Intestinal health
- Support immune system
Plant Protein Versus Animal Protein1,2
Do you know that, nutrient-wise, protein derived from animal sources is considered complete whereas protein from vegetable sources is incomplete? That’s because all the essential amino acids can be supplied by animal protein unlike vegetable protein.
Partially Hydrolyzed Protein: Easy to Digest, Gentle on Tummy and Digestion
Not everyone can digest complex protein molecules well. However, science has provided the option in the form of partially hydrolyzed protein.
* Protein Hydrolyzation Process
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Protein. Available at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/InteractiveNutritionFactsLabel/fa.... Accessed on 18 October 2017.
- The Nemours Foundation. Learning about proteins. Available at http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/protein.html?ref=search&WT.ac=msh-p-dtop-e.... Accessed on 18 October 2017.
- Hoffman & Falvo 2004. Protein-Which is Best? J Sports Science Med,3,118-130.
- Manninen AH. Protein hydrolysates in sports nutrition. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2009;6(1):38.