Why Protein is Important for Growing Kids1,2
There’s no doubt children need protein for optimal growth and development. After all, it is a key nutrient for building and maintaining the human body.
Plant protein versus animal protein1,2
Do you know that, nutrient-wise, protein derived from animal sources is considered complete whereas protein from vegetable sources is incomplete? That’s because all the essential amino acids can be supplied by animal protein unlike vegetable protein.
Partially hydrolyzed protein: Easy to digest, gentle on tummy and digestion
Not everyone can digest complex protein molecules well. However, science has provided the option in the form of partially hydrolyzed protein.
* Protein Hydrolyzation Process
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Protein. Available at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/InteractiveNutritionFactsLabel/fa.... Accessed on 18 October 2017.
- The Nemours Foundation. Learning about proteins. Available at http://kidshealth.org/en/kids/protein.html?ref=search&WT.ac=msh-p-dtop-e.... Accessed on 18 October 2017.
- Hoffman & Falvo 2004. Protein-Which is Best? J Sports Science Med,3,118-130.
- Manninen AH. Protein hydrolysates in sports nutrition. Nutrition & Metabolism. 2009;6(1):38.